Early Bird extended through July 31 and a Message from the Executive Director

Still Time to Save on Registration Fees

Early Bird Discounts have been extended through July 31! Register to attend the inaugural TXConnect Membership Summit, August 16 – 19, 2020, at the Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort, San Antonio, and take advantage of Early Bird Discounts before they expire!

TXConnect invites TTA members and non-members to become more involved in the fresh new direction of the association, activities and long-term goals. This summit represents a renewed focus on connecting rural Texas through a proactive partnership with you, the industry and the future of the telecommunications industry.


A Message about Safety from TTA Executive Director

TTA’s annual TXConnect Membership Summit is just seven weeks away. Here’s an update on what we are doing to ensure a safe and enjoyable time for everyone:

Preparing for a Safe Event

TTA’s Board has created a pandemic committee to stay up on the latest developments with the COVID-19 situation. Last week, a group from the committee conducted a site visit at the Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort. While many of the events at the convention will be the same as they have been historically, changes have been made to move gatherings to larger settings such as ballrooms and pavilions with three times the size of our projected capacity needs — with precautions for social distancing and other measures in place.

Resort staff will follow local ordinances utilizing PPE and disinfection best practices. The resort is extremely focused on maintaining a healthy environment for the TXConnect Membership Summit. You can see their safety and cleanliness protocols here. They are working with local officials in San Antonio and Bexar County to keep current on any regulations that may affect the event.

The biggest responsibility will be on each individual attending — please follow proper respiratory etiquette and hygiene to ensure a successful and safe event.

An Enjoyable Time for All

Our studies show that 70% of our invitees definitely will attend the TXConnect Membership Summit. 1% are definitely not attending. The remaining 29% are unsure.  Our early registration counts are on track with the research. We want the 70% who plan to attend to feel comfortable with their attendance and the efforts underway to make this a safe event. We also want the other 30% who may not feel comfortable with attending to feel no pressure to attend if feeling at all uncertain. 

In paraphrasing Henry Ford, our friend Charlie Cano from ETEX Telephone Co-op said, “Whether you think you can or you can’t attend TTA Summit 2020 — either way you are right.” We highly advise any demographic with high health risks to stay safely at home. We will look forward to seeing you next year.
 
TTA is working diligently to safely hold the TXConnect Membership Summit as scheduled. Our industry faces some critical public policy decisions which will directly affect our member companies. Whether you can be with us in San Antonio or not, we know you want to have a voice in this discussion — helping to develop our membership strategy and keeping us front and center in the support of a connected rural Texas. 

If you have any questions or concerns please call or email me. I would be happy to visit with you about our plans.

Mark Seale
Executive Director, Texas Telephone Association
mseale@tta.org
208 West 14th Street
Austin, Texas 78701